Men and women in Elizabethtown who have many loose or missing teeth often seek help from our doctors at Clagett Dental to restore their oral function. While tooth-replacement systems of the past—like dentures and bridges—do provide some degree of oral restoration, newer advancements in the world of dental implantology now offer patients with a minimally invasive and permanent solution for a full-mouth rejuvenation—implant dentures.
Benefits of Implant Dentures
Implant dentures are similar to traditional dentures in that they replace an entire arch of teeth and gums, but rather than being kept in place by paste, implant dentures are permanently secured into the jawbone with 4 strategically placed dental implants.
Implant dentures provide patients with fully restored oral function and a beautiful smile, but the benefits of this tooth-replacement system go far beyond that! Elizabethtown patients who choose implant dentures enjoy many benefits like:
- Fewer implants are required as compared to traditional dental implants
- Patients can receive beautiful new smile in as little as one day
- Pre-surgeries are not required
- They are permanent, strong, and secure
- Patients are able to immediately begin eating and talking normally
- They provide patients with improved self-esteem
- They look like natural teeth
- They are fully functional
- There is no risk of teeth shifting or slipping during the day
- They do not need to be removed at night
- They stimulate jawbone tissue and preserve facial structure
- They are more cost-effective than other tooth-replacement options
- They are easy to care for
To find out how implant dentures can benefit you, call our doctors at Clagett Dental to schedule your initial consultation today.
Are Implant Dentures Right for You?
In order to truly know whether or not implant dentures are right for you, the thing that we suggest you do is schedule a consultation with one of our doctors in Elizabethtown. During your appointment, they will perform a full oral evaluation, talk to you about your oral and general health history, answer any questions you have regarding the procedure, and work with you to develop a treatment plan that suits your individual needs.
Good candidates for implant dentures include those who:
- Want to replace a full arch or entire mouthful of teeth
- Want to replace their removable dentures with a permanent solution
- Have enough healthy jawbone in which to place the implants
- Are non-smokers and do not use other tobacco products
- Are physically and mentally healthy
If our doctors determine that implant dentures will not work for your specific needs, they will provide you with other options and recommendations in order to restore your oral function.
Cost of Implant Dentures
The cost of your implant dentures will depend on your specific needs and existing gum and jawbone condition. Though uncommon, if our doctors are required to perform any pre-surgeries prior to placing your implant dentures, your cost will be more than someone who does not need any pre-surgeries.
During the treatment conference in Elizabethtown, our doctors will assess your situation and what options you can choose. Our Financial Coordinator will discuss the cost of your treatment plan with you and work to develop a financial plan that fits your budget.
Recovery After Implant Dentures
Recovery after receiving implant dentures is very similar to recovering from any other dental procedure where an incision is made. Patients will experience a minor amount of discomfort in the areas of their incisions. However, this discomfort can be relieved with over-the-counter pain medication such as Ibuprofen, or Tylenol, and swelling can be easily managed using ice packs.
In the immediate days following your implant dentures procedure, avoid touching your incision sites, and keep your mouth as clean as possible. Our doctors recommend rinsing your mouth with saltwater the first night and after any meals to clean your mouth. When they have given you the okay, you may begin brushing your teeth with a soft-bristle toothbrush.
Most patients are able to return to their normal daily activities and job the next day, though you may be required to follow a soft or liquid foods diet while you wait for your incisions to heal.
Change Your Life With Implant Dentures in Elizabethtown
If you’re ready to find out how implant dentures can truly improve your life, don’t hesitate to call our doctors at Clagett Dental in Elizabethtown today at (270) 769-3306 to schedule your initial consultation.