Patients whose teeth are misshapen, discolored, or make you want to hide your smile for another cosmetic reason, often suffer from low self-confidence. Our doctors don’t want you to live your life hiding your smile! If this sounds like you, you could benefit from having veneers placed. Our doctors are skilled at placing veneers, which give men and women in Elizabethtown a beautiful smile and renewed self-esteem!
For many who are interested in having veneers, often the question of dental crowns comes up during initial consultations. These two cosmetic solutions are similar, so many patients want to know what makes veneers preferable over dental crowns? Keep reading as we discuss.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are a way of correcting the aesthetics of one’s smile in a non-invasive, quick appointment. When Elizabethtown men and women come in for veneers, our doctors will paint a thin piece of porcelain over the existing tooth. This porcelain replaces the enamel of the tooth and is customized for each patient’s mouth. Veneers correct many different types of cosmetic concerns by providing results that are so natural-looking, that onlookers aren’t able to tell the difference between your real teeth and the veneers!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are fake teeth that cover an original tooth that is damaged in some way. This cosmetic solution is typically made of porcelain-like veneers and looks and feels like a natural tooth. Dental crowns require several visits for measurements, molds, and placement. Dental crowns carry some different disadvantages to veneers, such as:
- More expensive than veneers
- The original tooth needs to be filed down before the crown can be fitted
- Often causes sensitivity of the underlying tooth
- Discomfort, which can lead to the need of a root canal
- If decay was present prior to crown placement, the underlying tooth could continue to decay
- Increased risk of an uneven appearance
- Often need to be remade in the future
- Risk of gum recession
- Change in the color of natural teeth, that then do not match the crown
- Increased risk of fracture
Benefits of Getting Veneers
Porcelain veneers last up to 20 years and are the most common type of veneers. Veneers can be placed on all of your teeth or just a select few. Men and women in Elizabethtown who want to improve the aesthetic appeal of their smile can benefit from veneers in many different ways:
- They are resistant to staining, giving patients the freedom to eat and drink anything they want without risk of changing the look of their smile
- They look and feel just like natural teeth
- They are strong and durable
- They are customized for each patient’s needs
Choose Clagett Dental in Elizabethtown For Your Smile Makeover
Having served the community since 1947, our doctors are the best choice in Elizabethtown when it comes to getting the smile you’ve always wanted, hear it from our own patients in these video testimonials.
If you have been hiding your smile and avoiding social events because you’re embarrassed, stop! Let us help by placing veneers in a quick and easy appointment with our doctors. To get started, call our office today at (270) 769-3306.